Thursday, September 01, 2005

Yellowstone National Park...

…perhaps the biggest waste of space ever. Ok probably not but it’s gotta be in the top ten. First off starting the Yellowstone experience with a charge of fifty American dollars was not the best choice ever. Next we were faced with an hour and a half drive to get to the main attraction, Old Faithful. I was kind of excited I mean you hear about a geyser you picture being thrown into the air hundreds of feet right? Well maybe they should emphasize the ‘Old” part of the name a bit more cause I think it’s starting to get impotent…30 feet maybe. Gosh I felt like I paid to see a few buffalo, elk and water shoot up from the ground. Oh wait I did, frig I am almost sure if I laid down and peed in the air it would have been just as cool. (See pics below.)

2 comments:

t4stywh34t said...

See, the problem is not how much money you had or how long you were forced to drive. The problem is how much time you had to spend there.

Yellowstone has some of the most incredible climbs and hikes in the National Park system. So while I'm disappointed with the opinion you have of the park, I guess I can't really blame you because you didn't have any time to invest there.

If I ever get a chance to see you again, I'll show you some of me and Dan's pics.

Sween said...

Peeing in the air. That's great! Apparenmtly 38% of America is wilderness while 28% of Africa is wilderness. Space waste? Maybe... or perhaps it's uninhabited as of yet. Maybe I'll build my own city out in those western desolate states, like Wyoming... or North Dakota. What was I wiriting this ofr? Oh yeah! Peeing in the air!