Wednesday, September 28, 2005

iBillings


Well it's finally here. My beautiful iPod Darla. Yes I named it, I mean it does have a personality of it's own! I have to say, it has only been a day since I have had the iPod and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. There are so many things that I can do with it. It syncs with my contacts and calendar from Outlook, I can do slideshows when I am bored in class or even play solitaire. However there are two features that are my absolute favorites; podcasting and audiobooks.

Podcasting, for those of you who don't know, is the ability to receive free audio news updates, cooking shows, sports updates and alot more. A bonus of podcasting is that you can find most of them free and the update with the click of the button. This is handy since here at school I am sheltered from the world and way too busy to sit down and watch TV, I can keep up-to-date with new stories everyday by listening to them when I go to class or even while I lay in bed.

The second feature that I love is the audiobooks. For someone like me who is trying to get into the habit of reading on a regular basis, audiobooks is so handy. You can find books in the iTunes music store or download them, if your conscience doesn't bother you, from other sources. I'll be getting through books a lot faster then I could reading them and since they're audio I seem to pick up on them more. These two features alone are almost worth the money.

It might seem trendy but trust me, this is one trend you want to be a part of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm @#$^@$%$# jealous. so there.

and for those of you wondering what swear word has 9 letters in it...um, you'll never figure out. because i made it up.

Sween said...

bastardly? Bitchedly? Are those nine letter swear words Brewer? (apologies to anyone else who views Billings site and is offended. I am a flaming liberal)