Thursday, April 07, 2005

Wow...I am SO EXCITED!!!

Ok so I know that my title makes me sound like a teenage girl who just got a date with the quarter-back of the football team. Well that's ok cause that's kinda how I feel.

Yesterday all the summer teams of the school had a meeting to get our schedules and to find out where in the great continent of North America we will be this summer. There had been rumor early on in the semester that there may be a team that would be going to Oregon. How sweet would that be? I mean West Coast, Pacific Ocean...California! Yeah that would be sweet! And just a few weeks the rumor was confirmed, one team would be going to Oregon.

Now they just added a fourth summer team to the roster this year, a servant team of four people, who will traveling via a rent-a-van. Everyone was pretty sure that they were going to be the ones that would be going out west for sure, simply because it would be more feasible for gas money and such. Another thing that we had going against us was that my team last year was picked to go to Colorado to a camp in the Rockies and logic said that it would be maybe another team.

Flash forward to the meeting when we receive our schedules...I am looking down at it and seeing the usual Michigan, Ontario camps along with one in South Dakota but there was no Oregon. I was a little upset but I had mentally prepared my self for that. So I looked on the other teams schedules to see the lucky team that would be going...but nothing. It wasn't on anyone's sheet. So I look at mine again and noticed that I had never heard of the third camp where we would be and asked Dave Klob, our summer team director, where it was.

I think I mentally wet myself at what I heard him say. "It's the one you wanted, it's Oregon."

Nuff said!! I am going to the West Coast this summer!! Driving through the Rockies twice and I get to see people I never thought that I would see again, like Josh Morton from IWU (Love ya buddy), and so much more!! I am so blessed.

Here is the official schedule for ALIVE 2005 for this summer!

June 13-17: Greater Ohio Teen Camp
June 17-25: North Michigan Teen Camp
June 27-July 1: Northwest District Teen Camp (Oregon baby!!)
July 9-17: West Michigan Family Camp
July 18-22: Dakota Middle School Camp
July 25-30: Dakota Sr. High Camp
August 7-13: Zion Hill Sr. High Camp
August 21-26: Zion Hill Jr. High Camp
August 26-September 2: Silver Lake Sr. Teen Camp

I'll keep you all posted on further developments!

2 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

congrats, billings! maybe we'll get to hang out at zion hill a little bit.

peace.

t4stywh34t said...

Sweet schedule Jon. There's a chance I'll see you at North Michigan...Dan (Fuller, from Godspeed) and I are traveling west this summer to work at a camp in Washington, and there's a good chance that we'll be stopping in on Camp 180 to work for a week. Word.