Sunday, February 20, 2005

Mid-Terms...That Don't Make No Sense!

Well it is once again the best time of the semester...Mid-terms!! Actually this is the part of the year that makes absolutely no sense to me. I mean these test are worth pretty much the same amount as our final exams, for which we have the whole week without classes, but in the case of mid-terms everything is exactly the same. So that fact combined with the over-whelming feeling that I haven't learned diddly so far this semester can be kind of stressful.

However I have come to teach myself not to be stressed over tests and exams anymore because it doesn't do me any good when I am. Is it apathy? I don't think so, it's more of a realization that it's not the be-all-end-all of life like some people think it is. I guess another thing that should be taken into account is that I am not of the academic type and so I sometimes fail to see the point of this stuff.

Since we are talking about school and things, let's recap some things that happened over the weekend that reminded me of my high school days. Remember the short-bus? Yeah you know what I am talking about! Well I am thoroughly convinced that both the NHL & the NHLPA rode that bus to school each day. Cancel the season...not exactly the smartest thing for any professional sport and baseball is a prime example of that. Yes I know that MLB never cancelled a full season but the strike definitely hurt the fan base. And I would just like to state that both sides are morons and I want hockey back!!

In case you didn't know the Chinese New Year was rung in the past weekend and guess what one of the number one way of wishing people a Happy New Year was? Text messaging from cell phones! It is estimated that nearly 11 Billion, yes that is with a B like in Botox, were sent over the weekend in China. These messages brought in nearly $133 Million in charges. "I used to think that $133 Million could be used for something noble like finding a cure for cancer, but this has taught me it's not always the case." - Jon Stewart



And finally I thought that I would share some of my artistic venture with you. I am still fairly new to the whole Photoshop thing but I have been playing around with it the last little bit. This is definitely on of my favorite things that I have done with it so far. This is just a picture that I took in my hallway here at school at sunset. The sun always cast such a great shadow on the wall as it's going down everyday and the filters that I used in Photoshop really made it look cool.

1 comment:

Aaron Perry said...

i detest tests, too, billings. i hate them. all of them.